15 August 2009

A Singapore Taxi Driver's Diary

http://taxidiary.blogspot.com/

Probably the only taxi driver in this world with a PhD from Stanford and a proven track record of scientific accomplishments, I have been forced out of my research job at the height of my scientific career, and unable to find another one, for reasons I can only describe as something "uniquely Singapore". As a result, I am driving taxi to make a living and writing these real life stories just to make the dull job a little more interesting. I hope that these stories are interesting to you too.

His english is really good. Respect. I wonder why some of them studied so much, yet they can't get paid well. Makes me thinking why would someone drive a taxi with PhD. He has really nice stories though. Do read it if you can.

To hell with education, but then again, it does groom a person. Not financially, but in terms of his behaviour, his well-being.